Warranty and Warranty Period
Market Spectrum, Inc., herein referred to as MSI, warrants only to the original owner that the products set forth below will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the applicable Warranty Period in which a Warranty Period shall commence upon the date of invoice, or the date of purchase, or the ship date from MSI to the original owner.
Nautic Alert Nevata NBPS100 Series Product: 24-Month Warranty Period
Nautic Alert Nevata NBPS200 Series Product: 24-Month Warranty Period
Nevata Insight NIMT100 Series Product: 24-Month Warranty Period
Nevata Insight X2 Series Product: 24-Month Warranty Period
MSI’s Obligation Under Warranty
MSI’s sole obligation under the Warranty Period shall be to repair or replace products during the Warranty Period.
MSI does not assume responsibility for delays in replacement or repair of products. Products replaced or repaired by MSI under the Warranty Period shall be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. This warranty gives the original owner specific legal rights, and particular owner may also have other rights which may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Disclaimer of All Other Warranties
NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE GIVEN, AND MSI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to particular original owners.
No salesperson, representative, or agent of MSI is authorized to make any guaranty, warranty, or representation that contradicts the terms contained in this Limited Warranty. Any waiver, alteration, addition, or modification to the warranties contained herein must be in writing and signed by authorized representatives of MSI to be valid, binding, and enforceable. MSI does not assume responsibility for any specific application to which any products are applied including, but not limited to, compatibility with other equipment. All statements, technical information, or recommendations relating to the products are based upon tests believed to be reliable, but do not constitute a guaranty or warranty.
MSI SHALL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, DIMINUTION OF GOOD WILL, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM IN CONNECTION WITH MSI PRODUCTS.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to particular original owners.
What May Void the Warranty
This Limited Warranty shall be null and void in the following circumstances:
1. Modification or repair of any covered product by the original owner or any non-authorized MSI service provider; or
2. Improper use or installation, failure to conduct regular maintenance or cleaning, or damage by accident or neglect, of any covered product by the original owner or any third party; or
3. Connecting product to an improper power source, voltage, or a faulty electrical system; or
4. Failure of the original owner or any third party to exercise caution to protect any covered product from chemical substances not suitable for contact with product, or physical abuse; or
5. Failure by the original owner to comply with product Instruction Manual enclosed with the product at the time of sale, or found at http://docs.nauticalert.com
6. Using the product with other equipment, in which other equipment is not designed or intended to operate with or to operate with other equipment for a purpose not intended by MSI.
Return Appointment Process
As a condition precedent to the above Limited Warranty, the original owner must:
1. Obtain a return material authorization (RMA) from MSI by calling 800-385-1674 and select the option for Nautic Alert Sales and Support, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Display the authorized RMA number on the outside of the shipping container. Returns without an RMA number may be rejected by MSI and immediately returned to end user, freight collect.
3. Ship the items being returned to MSI, freight prepaid, together with a written description of the claimed defect.
4. Pack the items being returned in the original packing carton or equivalent. Damage in transit is end user’s responsibility and may be cause to void the warranty claim.
MSI will pay surface freight to return products covered by this Limited Warranty. However, if MSI determines in the exercise of its reasonable but sole discretion that the product returned for warranty service is not defective, or does not otherwise qualify for warranty service, the original owner shall be liable for all costs of handling and transportation.
Product Warranty Effective Date: February 7, 2015